Saturday 13 November 2021

Sitting Room - Furnishing

The rug came from My Tiny World and for once I left the fringe on.  I think fringes are OK on rugs but not on full size carpets - I have no idea if anyone else would understand my distinction.





I bought the mirror years ago from Elite Petite at a show.  I have just had a rummage for them and can't find anything beyond 2018 and no actual site.  Shame if they are no longer trading.  The sold lovely window dressing items and many other nicely laser cut items in at least three different scales.  This was a piece of mirror glass that I had and an unpainted frame, which I painted gold with a pen.



The important furniture in this room is from Alsion Davies Miniatures.  I was lucky enough to have met her at her first show and bought these as slight seconds - I truly can not tell you what the flaw is supposed to be and I am very fussy.  I recommend you visit her site just to while away some time in perfect contentment.  Her work is beautiful.  Her assembled and painted pieces (as these are) are to die for.  In those days she hadn't yet spread her wings.  I think her items are now self assembly and for you to finish - I may be wrong - go look.  I am back there tonight because I have just remembered she also does lovely tureens and things now.


I have a pair of each of these.  The passion for symmetry trumps all.



Perfect size lamp tables for an alcove


A couple of miniature miniatures, if you see what I mean.  This room will also have a couple of larger paintings of 'people' when i get round to finding them



Always remembering my rooms are in a lived-in-now Georgian house I am happy to include modern alongside traditional - especially when I can't find a traditional piece I like.  Lets face it Georgians didn't have coffee tables.


So the final furnished room waiting patiently for its dressing.







8 comments:

  1. The room is beautiful, Marilyn! The A.D. furniture is incredible and deserving of a special room to display them! I am so happy to see these amazing pieces come out again, and I know you are having a lot of fun decorating! It's such a pretty room and all the colors harmonize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't AD make lovely things. I wouldn't want to put them together and paint them though so am happy to have got something from her beginnings. Thanks Jodi

      Delete
  2. I'm an advocate for symmetry as well, and think that you have a good eye as well as good taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find symmetry and tidiness just calming to be in, positively twitchy if I am surrounded by clutter. Strangely that doesn't apply in other people's homes etc just my own. Humans are strange.... Than you Elizabeth for the good eye and taste compliment... mine will suffice but I am staggered by your work (and others).

      Delete
  3. The furniture is perfect for this room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really wanted to display the lovely Alison Davies stuff, so tried to keep it low key.

      Delete
  4. What a super pretty room Marilyn. I just love the way you have put the fresh yet gentle, calm colours and patterns together. I really look forward to see how you will be decorating it.
    The Alison Davies furniture are magnificent, but to be honest, I don't dare go near her website unless I have lots of time up my sleeve LOL.
    I just realized I have somehow missed all the posts on how you got this far on the room, so I will be doing a bit of back tracking now.
    Anna X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna. I like quietly pretty. Know what you mean about AD. Enjoy the backtracking.

      Delete