Saturday 27 November 2021

Library - furnishing

 The rug came from My Tiny World and as usual I have removed the pesky fringe.



The desk is a particularly nice piece, very fine detail and simple, unlike most Jia Yi stuff.  Again, my apologies for not remembering the vendor at Miniatura and my being unable to find them with an extensive web search.  The drawers do open and will be filled.



The chair suffered a broken leg in all this mauling around but was fixed OK with a dab of wood-glue and gel superglue.  This is a Jia Yi  piece made specifically to go with the desk




I am fairly sure the library steps also came from the same vendor but it doesn't look like a Jia Yi piece.  I have a very similar House of Miniatures kit but obviously I had a bout of laziness at some stage and decided to buy a ready made.


So, as you see, there's not much furniture to share or chat about in the library.  You haven't escaped ........  you can expect screeds of photos and words when I come to dress this room.









4 comments:

  1. It’s amazing how this room has come together so beautifully when you think back to the hacking around that went on to remove those shelves from Dalton House! Getting everything back together as it was is really, beautiful work Marilyn and I look forward to seeing what we ‘haven’t escaped’….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a glutton for punishment. There were a couple of give in and chuck it away moments but so glad now I persisted.

      Delete
  2. This desk is perfect in the library room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a pivotal piece right now until the 'stuff' comes in.

      Delete